Friday, June 8, 2012

An Angry Day.... Granny to the Rescue!

Last Tuesday... woke up... ANGRY. Ever have one of those days, wrong side of bed, kids don't stop crying and whining, you just want to curl up and ignore everything... yet being a stay at home mom I sure can't! Tuesdays are our busy day, Trace has pre-school and the twins have a class at the same time. LOVE our social rec class! The twins love it but getting ready is hard sometimes.

So I woke up, forced myself out for my run, and ran a 30 min 5km! My best yet! Thought ok... now this day will get better. NOPE! Got kids ready, packed into car with minimal problems, dropped Trace off at pre-school without a fight. Then off to Teacher Tina's class. Canaan was dragging his feet a bit while Jaxon RAN up to the front door... thank goodness for no cars on the road in. We get in the elevator and they do the usual happy SCREAM as they watch it go down. Then we get to Tina's class... they both drop to the floor and refuse to come in. AWESOME. My temper is already pretty bad today, I am feeling my red eyes come out. You know the ones in all the old school cartoons when the evil character is really angry.. yup those ones! I grab Jaxon and half carry him in, while Canaan is holding onto my ankle so I half drag half push him on the lino into the classroom.... where the blessed Tina and another mom are there... They take one look at me, laugh a bit and help. RELIEF! The moms in this class are amazing to say the least and Tina a saint!

So home time. All kids are loaded... after they decided to run through parking lot with second set of twins in class (the four of them together are TROUBLE!). We get home and I walk in the door.. mom isn't home. crap. Poor mom when she does come home I let her know I am having and "angry" day. My amazing mom stays upstairs the rest of the day and completely helps me out. She wrangles children, changes diapers and just keeps me company which is the best part of all...

I don't know how I would have gotten through a grumpy "angry" day had the ladies of the rec class, the teacher and then my amazing mom not helped me out! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment