Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You Are Trying My Patience!

It seems lately that my kidlets are trying my patience just a weeee bit more than normal. Trace has begun with the attitude, "No Mommy I don't want to", "GO AWAY", and then the hitting, which I thought we had under control. Today as I was trying to purchase a compost bucket at the rec centre (our neighborhood now has compost pickup yipeee!!!) he decided instead of paying that he was going to run over to the pop machine and get a "bottle" instead... when I took away the tooney he hit me... like a dozen times. I stood there in shock. It has been a while since he hit me... then of course I look at him and say we will have a talk at home... to which he responds at the TOP of his voice " MOMMY DON'T SPANK ME" ...

Really... can I catch a small break please?

Thank Goodness there were very few people around.. I smiled at him, told him that he needed to drop the attitude and listen and packed him it the van and continued home.

Now onto the twins... Canaan has taken to flailing his body around the floor and then standing up and dramatically throwing himself on the ground again, kicking his feet and screaming... (had a friend over today who can vouch for it). He screams, hits wall and what do I do... walk away.. why... because I don't think he should get attention for it. Is it working you ask... guess we will find out in a week. Although yesterday I had, had enough.. so I went into his room... put him across my lap.. annnnd... tickled his back.. yup lifted his shirt, and gently drew circles on his back. He screamed a bit, wiggled.. then gave up and curled up into a ball on my lap. Afterwards he looked at me.. gave me a kiss and walked out of the room happy... hmmm now that I think of it maybe I was onto something there.

Jaxon... current family favourite, he is sweet as pie, first one to help with clean up, loves hugs and holding my hand. Goes straight to his carseat in the car. Lately he has become my soft sweet little man (he is DONE teething!!!), he might whine quite a bit but I will take it over the flailing of body parts and screaming and hitting...

Ok so here is what scares me the most... summer is coming.. that means open windows.. and for those of you who know me... I already have a loud voice, my neighbors will be hearing me... sometimes I yell just to get above the other noise... sigh....

2 comments:

  1. I love the Canaan bit! Ill try that one for sure in the future. Yep onto something for sure. Wants attention- you gave it to him. In just the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel for you Tara. Why don't you try to lower your voice instead of raising it. If they can see your mouth moving but can't hear what you are saying sometimes they will stop what they are doing to see what you are trying to say...I still say you're supermom Tara. Kelly

    ReplyDelete