Monday, April 2, 2012

But I Want Daddy to See My Bloooooood....

Love birthday parties... sooo many of our friends have young kidlets like us and we get invited to quite a few birthday parties each month. Well, Saturday we had one. LOTS of fun! Trace got to meet and hold a bunny for the first time, he played with his friends in the big kid play room downstairs and did sooo well!

While playing downstairs we hear a scream and Trace comes up the stairs, blood dripping down his little cheek, his buddy scratched him... and although he was probably asking for it I did feel a little bad for him. Once he saw the blood and that it did leave a mark he got quiet... "mommy.... I want to show daddy my blood". To which I replied "Daddy won't be home when we go there...  you can show him the scratch when you wake up tomorrow". So I left the blood on it (scratch is QUITE small under blood) until we got home.. where I cleaned it... well he FREAKED... " MOMMY I WANTED TO SHOW DADDY MY BLOOOOOOD" please add tears and a devastated child to this. After much discussion and chatting about options he decided he wanted me to rub a towel on his face to make it bleed again so it would drip down his face and he could show his daddy in the morning... REALLY???? Sigh.... guess boys treasure their scars early on.

2 comments:

  1. poor little buddy! and my kid did it :(

    Ava says sorry Trace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Trace, you are awesome. xo

    ReplyDelete