Monday, April 30, 2012

First Pre-school Playdate = SUCCESS... I think...

We got invited for our first pre-school play date last week... and at a GIRLS house! Imagine my excitement at being invited (with all 3 boys mind you!) and then imagine my face changing as it all sinks in... Holy smokes... is she for real? BRAVE woman inviting us over! We are lucky that this amazing momma lives right up the street, has a little girl Trace's age and a little boy who turns two this year. (and yes he is almost potty trained... ugh soo jealous!). 

I had made up my mind to walk there as it is literally less than a block away, so even though it is pouring rain this morning we pack up and head out. Twins in the stroller with the rain cover on, Trace in his rain boots trailing behind with his own little umbrella. SUCCESS we make it all the way there!!! 

Trace as usual plays shy so I find him a little space to "hide" until he wants to come out and play which of course is less than 2 minutes later. Twins off with jackets and boots and are playing before I am even in the door. Awesome! And so begins the loudness, screaming, running around with baby strollers, playing with all sorts of wonderful toys. Meanwhile this wonderful momma and I are trying to finish just one conversation. Just one.... haha good luck! 

Snack time comes and goes without much of a hitch... unless you consider my boys cleaning every plate they loved mangos, apple pears and crackers. This of course is followed by more of the above playing as I wonder what time I should go home... 1130 comes and we are heading for the door. Boots on, jackets on pure chaos... AWESOME.. we are all out the door. I am saying goodbye and thank you before I pack twins back into stroller.. then I hear the crash. Jaxon has decided to fall down three stone stairs and take the stroller on top of him. And lucky me he takes one for the team and cushions the fall of the stroller... GREAT.. almost made it home no injuries! He has a wee bit of blood, so we clean him up, he is no longer crying so we pack him up and I start the walk home. 

This is what I hear from the stroller 
Canaan: "Oh no Jaxon owie?" 
Jaxon: "Yea Canaan owie"
Canaan: "Oh no... ok?"
Jaxon:  "Yes ok" 

Cutest thing EVER.. so after all is said and done. I still think first pre-school playdate.. a BRAVE success!!! Now hopefully she invites us back! Or wants to come our way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment