Friday, March 16, 2012

A Drampa Story... (Grampa)

Well.. thought I would include a little story written by my dad. This all happened last night... and although he was alone out side with the kids most of the time, I did pop out a few times as did Uncle Dax, and Daddy...

"I must say that yesterday was again a miserable day for weather. It did stop raining in the afternoon so with all the company that Tara had invited I decided to use the real barbeque to do the flank steak. 
The kids insisted on staying on the deck with me while I worked on the BBQ with Jaxon clinging to me from the minute I came home. Once all three of them were on the deck and the BBQ was 1.0 million degrees they all ran around and had a great time, just me and the kids. I put the grill cleaner on the BBQ hoping to melt off the grease that was imbedded in the scraper. I thought it was all metal. Apparently not, so it caught on fire and I had to walk around with the kids running around trying to put it out using the glass encasement for the outdoor light as a water bucket. At the same time the bag of charcoal that was under the BBQ also caught fire. It was a great time and the house is still standing."


My dad finished off the night with a perfectly grilled flank steak and we all sat down to a yummy dinner! Jaxon did not let my Dad out of his site the entire evening... It is pretty precious to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment