Monday, March 26, 2012

A Fat Lip

Well Trace got his first official fat lip... had a TON of black eyes between all the boys but nothing like this. We went to my husbands Nana's funeral on Saturday. I knew I would be watching the kids and not able to really participate as Kyle was saying a little something. So we took the kids and their cousin Lexi into the foyer. Of course... MUST play Tag while they were there... Trace tripped over NOTHING and landed face first... well really mouth first.

He tried to blame Jaxon, then Canaan but really I saw it... it was nothing.. Well the dam burst and blood poured fourth like water... He refused ice, so I had to sneak it on a wet cloth... and had to take him outside. I swear it wasn't going to stop... he is yelling at the top of his lungs.. "I WANT TO SHOW DADDY MY BLOOD". Great.. well that is when I heard Kyle sharing his memories of this amazing woman he called Nana. Got Trace a little quiet so we could hear daddy through the speaker.

I walked him into his daddy shortly after... Kyle looked slightly shocked at the amount of blood on Trace's shirt... the rest of the day went off without hitch or more blood but holy crazy! Nana would have loved it, boys will be boys! Let them be kids while they can... she loved having them over to her house, and loved letting them run wild while she watched and laughed at them. Nana was one of the most amazing women I have had the pleasure of knowing... she is sooo terribly missed.... Trace says he misses her jelly beans and licorice... and he even remembered the way to her house. "This is the way to Anna's house" He said as we drove up North Road the other day. We love you Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment