Friday, March 9, 2012

POOOOOP.... literally.

Well, had my first poop incident yesterday. Was getting ready to have some people over in the evening. While the twins napped I prepped all the snacks. I had finally sat down after a full morning of work and go figure. Twins wake up. They had maybe been asleep for just over an hour. NOT long enough in my books. So I went in changed diapers and put them back to bed.. totally ignored them while I watch a bit of American Idol. I needed just a moment to myself.

Well show over and I go into their room... and it STINKS... like really stinks. And they are NO where to be seen. I can hear them though, they are hiding in their closet. Before I open the closet I look around to make sure all is ok. All bedding is pulled off the bed, Thomas tracks all over the floor, dirty laundry tipped over. Yup looks normal... then I look again. What is that??? Is it.. no it can't be... why would it be.. but yup those are brown foot prints ALL over the floor... then I look again. Yup BIG lump of poop on the floor ... smashed into the carpet.. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

At that point I wanted to tuck tail and run. Not deal with it.. pretend it didn't happen. But of course.. there are no other adults here so I am by process of elimination the one who gets to clean it up. ARGHHHH! So I go and get the stain remover (Natures Miracle in pet stores is AMAZING), I grab and old toothbrush, lots of towels and to work I go. I will NOT go into details about clean up. But it is done.. and I hope to never have to do it again...

Have I learned my lesson, yes I believe I have. DO NOT ignore your children in their room no matter how much you need just a moment to yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment