Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mommy When I Was a Baby......

Trace lately has been telling me "when I was a baby" stories. This morning it was... "mommy when I was a baby I got sick and threw up just like Jaxon and Canaan." So I decided to play along. "really sweetpea... was it fun" .. to which he replied... "yes Mommy so fun, and we went to the doctor, and I got to drink juice" Ya ok... I am sure if he gets this he will NOT be saying it is fun. But I am enjoying the stories that is for sure. Sometimes I am very grateful for the comic relief that is a 3.5 year old and their lack of a filter. He makes me smile when I don't feel like it.

Speaking of smiling... after sleeping the ENTIRE oh ya you hear me ENTIRE night for the first time in a while, I check the monitor to see what the twins were doing. I noticed there were no blankets on Jaxon's side... uh oh.. did he fall out of bed again? I had put a foam mattress below him just in case. I figured maybe he was awake or something so I went in and checked... nope not on his bed, not on the foam mattress.. not under his bed or the train table, not under the foam mattress either... so now I am panicking.. not in the closet, not in the clothes hamper (all spots he hides). Finally I go and check Canaan's bed... yup he is sharing it with Canaan. They are snuggled up together and it has to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

Who knows when he climbed in, or if he woke Canaan in the process, all I know is that when they are sick and I don't always have time to comfort them.. they have each other. I wish I had my camera on me to take a pic. I hope I get to walk in on that again, warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment