Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rainboots

Did you know... that if you have twins.. and decide to buy 2 different Rain boots instead of matching ones that full blown fights will follow??? I learned this today. Dressing the boys for an outing today I let them "pick" what shoes to wear. They both wanted their rain boots. We have a red pair that looks like dragons and a Thomas pair that I picked up this last weekend at the swap. Both are GREAT boots, both very cute... I watched as Canaan put on one of the dragons and one of the Thomas.. and Jaxon did the same thing. Well... fight picked by me, that was not going to happen. First off they each needed to pick ONE pair of boots either the dragons or the Thomas ones. So wrestling with the boys in the entrance way to the house I got them in their own boots. Canaan was in the Thomas ones and Jaxon in the dragon. Trace had decided he didn't want socks and put on his shoes as well.

I ran upstairs quickly to get my coffee, make it downstairs and go figure, Canaan is wearing one of each and so is Jaxon.... fight picked by me again. (Bad mornings mean more fights picked) So I switched their shoes back to match... watched them roll on the ground scream bloody murder and drip snot everywhere. Kick off boots try to take off jackets... all I could think was... hmmmm wonder how fast I can RUN AWAY from this. My neighbors car is still there... maybe she will watch them for me while I take off and have a glass of wine at 930am.

So I gave up. Watched them take off boots switch one for the other and happily put back on one of each. My three now happy boys loaded into the car no problem and off to run errands we went. Was the battle worth it... well in the end maybe not. I have a feeling that they will NEVER wear matching boots but always switch so they can have one of each. Remedy for next set up boots... buy two of the same pairs? Or at least they are the same make so they fit the same... Were they cute with their miss matched boots... I hang my head low and say yes... yes they were... and I should be happy that they are at least sharing right? Not just fighting over the Thomas boots????

No comments:

Post a Comment