Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jemmy

Lunch of choice on a regular basis... when I tell them it is lunch and give them a few things to choose from PB& "jemmy" gets the biggest cheers. It is a staple in this house, Trace would have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if he could. If I would allow it.
Today was no different, Jemmy brought cheers and so it was served, along with apple slices and milk. The twins must have their crusts cut off and into triangles whereas Trace has been requesting a Monster Truck lately. I have cookie type cutters for this thank goodness! Lunch is my quiet time, I pick up a book, or come to the computer while they eat. And as much as I enjoy this going back to clean them up afterwards is not always easy. Trace is finally to the point where he doesn't make a mess and it is NOT all over his face each time. Jaxon and Canaan... TOTALLY different story. Canaan LOVES to smear jemmy all over his face, in his hair and usually his fingers are stuck together, Jaxon has turned into a neater eater of the sandwich lately. The apple slices are  a totally different story. He treats them like a watermelon. Eating the inside of the apple and leaving the skin. Sometimes biting and spitting out the skin all over the place. I find it on the floor, in his hair, his diaper and all over his tray. Usually this is remedied by our dog Whiskey... but not lately.. Whiskey (as per vet instructions to find out what is wrong with him) is not allowed table scraps, this makes my cleaning much more challenging.
After lunch is usually a crazy mad rush to play with and demolish as much as possible before naps. They dump the play kitchen stuff, the hot wheels cars, the little people all over the floor and leave them before I cart them to their room for nap.... ahhh nap.... 19 minutes till 1pm and I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment